Product engineer/managerLocation: Rochester (Minnesota), USA
|Summary of Skills and Experience||Show Detailed Resume - CV (Login required for more details.)
During Oct. 2008 – July 2010, I was self employed. Used the internet and traditional methods to find customers. The projects I completed were for
engineering companies. I was able to quickly understand the projects involved in (AV, structural, surveys, pipe layout) and successfully provided the necessary drawings (AutoCAD) and documentation on schedule.
I was working independently and direct with the client. Closely collaborated with various customers to ensure delivering of solid, good products.
Oct. 2006 – Mar 2007
Weaver Boos Consultants –Naperville, IL
• Proficiently used AutoCAD Land software to complete large ALTA surveys. Wrote legal description
and analyzed related documentation from law offices. Worked independently and as part of the team, communicated issues and suggestions in a timely manner with interested parts. (PM, Leads)
• Efficiently provided the finished drawings within the time frame –group communication was a key factor in the completion of different projects.
April 2001 – April 2006
Leonard Dreas and Associates –Aurora, IL
• Provided detailed drawings in AutoCAD Land for the surveying industry and site plans for construction industry. Wrote and understood legal descriptions.
• Answered customer questions and completed work in the specified time frame.
• Quickly learned the business process. After 6 months in the team I was able to step
up and successfully coordinate the field crew, providing customer support, planning and performing office activities. Implemented Quicken and upgraded the software to AutoCAD to satisfy new client specification.
April 1995 – July 1999
Siemens-Furnas Controls. – Batavia, IL
• Determined the feasibility, timelines and resources estimates of a label database FoxPro based project. Configured the label database for heat transfer labels and search the necessary drawings for the correct information on the labels on each class of product. Designed a vacuum label applicator.
• Received products returned from the customer and analyze the complaint. Described the state of the product from the external appearance and note all the unusual marks. Carefully checked all the
components and evaluated the problem. Write a detailed report to provide customer with a competent answer about the complaint.
• Provided the cost estimates for plastic parts to the molding department, selected the material and prepare the production drawings using AutoCAD. Coordinate the preparation of drawings for any changes needed to the existing products, for better performance.
• Quickly became familiar with push-button products, determined the characteristic of all the springs used in the assembly and provided updated design for the new vendor, as part of the cost reduction project. Acted as go-to contact person for the manufacturing line every day design issues.
Developed, tested and monitored products functionality in the engineering lab.
• Participated in the preproduction phase of the 3RB0 electronic overload, testing and assembly of samples for customers.
• Self-motivated product engineer with a strong work ethic and problem solving abilities.
• Accomplished in Microsoft Office software applications, Excel, Word and Power Point.
Sept. 1990 – Sept. 1992
Tractorul Factory – Brasov, Romania
• Applied algebraic and geometric formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tools.
• Designed custom parts, indicating tolerances and standard requirements.
• Conferred with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material
characteristics, service requirements, manufacturing procedures and cost.
University of Brasov, Romania, 1990 – M. Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• University of Milwaukee, WI, 1997 – Plastic Product Design Seminar
• Siemens-Furnas, Batavia IL 1998 – Project Management Seminar
• Northern Illinois. University, 2005 – Business program classes.
|Employment Status||Full time or Part time or Contract / Freelance|
|Type of Remuneration expected||Salary plus incentives|
|Preferred Job Location||Rochester, USA|
|Highest Qualification||Master's Degree (TCM) from University of Brasov with 9 Marks / Grade / Class.|
|Professional Experience||10 Years|
|Additional Information||I am proficient in Autocad drafting for Civil Engineers|