Job Posting as
Inpatient Coding SpecilaistLocation: New Rochelle (New York), USA
|Designation||Inpatient Coding Specilaist|
|Job Description||Educational Requirements: Candidate should possess a credential as CCS,
CCS-P or CPC, CPC-H or RHIA, RHIT.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Proficiency in ICD-9-CM diagnosis/procedure coding, including proper code sequencing and application/assignment of complications and comorbidities (MCC/CC).
• Proficiency in assigning Present on Admission (POA) indicator.
• Must have a working knowledge of the MS-DRG reimbursement system with a minimum of 2 years of coding experience in an acute care setting.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities and techniques required along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Some travel is required and expected when necessary.
1. Perform ICD-9-CM diagnosis/procedure coding for hospital-based inpatient cases.
2. Abide by the standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA and CMS.
3. Adhere to the AHA Official Coding Guidelines and UHDDS definitions.
4. Perform abstracting and data entry of codes and abstract items as pertinent to the account requirements.
5. Query physicians when code assignments are not straight forward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
6. Keep abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements and maintain coding credential requirements.
7. Achieve and maintain coding productivity standards for each specific account.
8. Achieve and maintain a 95% coding accuracy rate and a 98% MS-DRG accuracy rate.
9. Bring identified concerns to the coding manager for resolution
10. Perform/assist in data quality reviews and audits as necessary and within scope of expertise.
11. Provide coding and related duties from the H.I.M. ON CALL central office or, at times, from an offsite location, including onsite coding at various hospitals (clients).
12. Assist in other related projects as necessary
|Employment Status||Part time|
|Type of Remuneration||Hourly Wage|
|Job Location||New Rochelle (New York), USA|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Certification in Certified Medical Coder|
|Professional Experience||2 Years|
|Company Name||HIM On Call, Inc|
|A Health Information & Revenue Cycle Management Company specializing in onsite & offsite coding, clinical documentation, training programs, data quality and revenue cycle initiatives for hospitals, physician groups & other healthcare organizations.|