Job Posting as
Gourmet Food Sales AssociateLocation: New York (New York), USA
|Designation||Gourmet Food Sales Associate|
|Job Description||Job description
The Chefs’ Warehouse is one of the leading gourmet food distributors offering a broad line of quality, gourmet food products to fine restaurants, caterers, country clubs and other high end hospitality providers.
Looking for excited, passionate, and driven Sales people with a proven track record of opening new business and maximizing profitable sales. Responsibilities include promoting and selling a diverse, high end product line.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
- 1 - 5 years outside sales experience within the food industry (strongly desired, perishable foods preferred).
|Employment Status||Full time|
|Job Location||New York (New York), USA|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Bachelor's degree|
|Company Name||The Chef's Warehouse|
|The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products for high-end chefs over 30 years ago. With locations in New York City, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Portland and Miami, The Chefs' Warehouse serves the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country.|
|Your Contact Partner||Philip Tomlinson|