Job Posting as
Voice Provisioning & Installation technician IILocation: Austin (Texas), USA
|Designation||Voice Provisioning & Installation technician II|
|Job Description||Role: Voice Provisioning & Installation technician II:
Voice Provisioning & Installation Technician II, the candidate will be responsible for the design, documentation, implementation, of dedicated connection and open voice (byob) clients.
All related provisioning & installation duties that include but are not limited to.
Voice Provision technician responsibilities
- Using the sales cut-sheet prepare a customer provisioning folder / account
- Direct customer contact to gather client network information and data regarding their facility
- Schedule site survey (VRR) with local vendors
- Order Vendor/ Carrier provided Circuit to client demarcation using street address suit information
- Assign CPE/router to client account from inventory or order specified CPE/router
- Assign hardware to client account from inventory
- Maintain and record all inventory internal and vendor supplied
- Order new telephone numbers via web portals
- Order new fax numbers via internal and vendor related fax services
- Manage the toll free and local number porting processes LNP
- Provisioning and maintaining user and group profiles using a third-party vendor web portal
- Process SCO for moves, adds, changes, & disconnects.
- Develop best practices for streamlining efficiencies in customer installations.
- Implement customer product walk through training setting proper customer expectations.
- Documentation is essential
• Working knowledge of Voice over IP technology to include SIP signaling
• Hardware to include Polycom/Adtran brand IP telephony
• Circuit installation to include T1 & Metro Ethernet
• Router, switch, and point to point network connectivity over secondary providers networks
• Working knowledge of LNP and Toll-Free porting concepts and processes.
• 6-12 months experience in a project management or provisioning position working with ILECs and/or CLECs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain strict professionalism in all internal & client communication
• IP- PBX or PBX understanding of hunt groups, AA, extensions, Voicemail and call routing
• PC experience: word, excel, power point and visio
• LAN/WAN connectivity and VLAN knowledge
• Adhere to company policy and handbook guidelines
The right candidate for this position is an individual with exceptional organizational skills and a eye for detail.
(Willing to train the right person with closest possible experience)
The ability to keep multiple scheduled tasks arranged, on-track, coordinated, and then execute on the delivery will be critical.
This individual will need a working knowledge of the Provisioning Process for Voice/SIP clients.
The candidate will be required to interface with ILEC and CLEC staff to test and accept Metro E and T1 style connections.
Experience with IP routing is an enormous plus as well as Adtran or Cisco experience.
For the right candidate this position could be an incredible opportunity to grow and become intricately involved in the career of IP based communications and SIP Telephony.
|Employment Status||Full time|
|Type of Remuneration||Fixed salary|
|Job Location||Austin (Texas), USA|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Certification in LNP / SIP / VoIP / Adtran / Polycom|
|Professional Experience||4 Years|
|We are a local privately owned VoIP / Internet provider looking to expand and grow into the national market. We offer Voice and Data solutions to private and SMB clients.|
|Number of Employees||11 - 100|
|Your Contact Partner||HR Staffing|